Become a partner!
Join the event on Facebook.
Thank you for being part of #GivingTuesday with Arts Alive!
#GivingTuesday inspires personal philanthropy and encourages bigger and better charitable giving during the holiday season, showing that the world truly gives as good as it gets. The fourth annual #GivingTuesday will take place on November 28, 2017.
Where did the idea come from? The retail industry has long benefited from seasonal shopping that symbolically kicks off with “Black Friday” – a day that has since inspired “Small Business Saturday” and “Cyber Monday.” #GivingTuesday, then, serves as a celebratory day to kick off the giving season, when many make their holiday and end-of-year charitable gifts. #GivingTuesday brings together diverse networks of people, large corporations, small businesses and nonprofits across an ever-expanding range of new media platforms to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness with the purpose of changing our world for the better. #GivingTuesday is not a new giving platform, but rather a call to action.
The success of #GivingTuesday depends on the collective efforts of a unique group of partners and their participation. You are the most important part of making this movement a reality.
We have put together this toolkit in order to provide you with all the resources you may need to help make this the biggest season yet of giving to Arts Alive.
In this toolkit, you will find materials that will help you give your voice to #GivingTuesday in a way that is most meaningful to Arts Alive.
#GivingTuesday Talking Points – to help you better understand and explain to others what this day is about.
- #GivingTuesday proves that the holidays can be about both giving and giving back. It celebrates how Americans can do more with their wallets than just shop.
- #GivingTuesday is a special call to action and creates a national day of giving around the annual shopping and spending season to inspire giving every day.
- #GivingTuesday celebrates giving by continuing a conversation about ways to give more and put personal philanthropy back into the giving season.
- #GivingTuesday unifies individuals from across the globe to show that the world enjoys giving back.
- You don’t have to be a world leader or a billionaire to give back.
- #GivingTuesday is about ordinary people coming together doing extraordinary things.
- This #GivingTuesday, all donations pledged on Facebook will be doubled thanks to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
No gift is too small and this is a great opportunity to double the impact of each gift.
- Change your Facebook profile picture to one of the pictures provided below! Use the filter provided on the day.
- Start posting! We want to make sure your friends and their friends are encouraged to give on this big day. Reach out to your social circle and encourage people to start the holiday season by giving back.
- I give to @artsalivela because (Fill in why it’s important to you)
- Donate to provide a scholarship to an @artsalivela student and your gift will be matched!
- I celebrate #GivingTuesday with @artsalivela to join in on the global day of giving.
- (Share your #unselfie) Take your #unselfie and share why you’re part of the global day of giving called #GivingTuesday
- Visit artsalivela.org to see the amazing work of the teaching artists and staff to educate the next generation. Consider joining @artsalivela on #GivingTuesday
- Make a pledge today and share with @artsalivela why the arts means more
Share the #GivingTuesday posts with the public and not just your friends.
When you share from the @artsalivela Facebook page, click share, select “Write Post”, add your personal comment, make sure you select public, and then post.
Post around 3pm when social media engagement is at its highest for adults who give.
Don’t have much time?
Here are some 2 minute ideas to give us a boost on Facebook:
- Go to the @artsalivela Facebook and share a post you like
- Post your favorite song on YouTube and tag “SOTD” in honor of @artsalivela and their music education program. Take the extra step and tag friends!
- Like our posts and comment.
Do you have family and friends who don’t use social media? Using email is a great way to not only reach these connections, but also to extend the impact of our social media campaign beyond social media channels.
Use the message below to make to prepare a personal message to friends via email.
This year on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, I am taking part in “Giving Tuesday”. This celebratory day is dedicated purely to giving – giving to charities, organizations, foundations, schools to come together and support their efforts this holiday season.
I invite you to join with me and help a nonprofit organization that is very important and dear to me and _________________. Arts Alive is dedicated to providing fundamental arts education and performance opportunities to young people throughout LA County and in some of the most underserved areas of our cities. They believe that high quality arts education is the pathway to success – a way to build strong future citizens who will have skills in the arts and skills as people. Each donation we raise for @artsalive goes directly to their elementary school programs that instruct students in a specific arts subject such as ballet, violin, guitar and visual art. Every student receives anywhere from a 100% to 20% scholarship with their classes and funds raised on this day help bring every child closer to a 100% scholarship.
Today, I would like to ask that you consider giving $50 to cover the cost of a session of classes for a child to continue their arts education. If you choose to donate through Facebook, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will match every gift! And if your workplace supports employee charity, they may also match your gift 1:1. We realize that not everyone is able to give this amount, so any gift is appreciated and will help us keep the arts ALIVE in our schools.
You can give your donation online at artsalivela.org/donations or by calling Arts Alive at (310) 347-1075.
Cards and notes
Never underestimate the power of a handwritten card! We know our partners at Arts Alive are special individuals who put care into their message.
Feel free to write a GivingTuesday “invitation” for a friend to join you in providing a gift to our programs.
Include our address: 2316 Artesia Blvd. Unit G, Redondo Beach, CA 90278 and let them know what Arts Alive means to you.
On Giving Tuesday, we are inviting all partners and ambassadors of Arts Alive to our first annual #GT party with refreshments from Chipotle and our local Starbucks! Visit us from 5 to 7pm at our headquarters in North Redondo Beach to get together and visit our goal for the year.
Thank you for being a partner to Arts Alive and boosting our efforts for #GivingTuesday. We would not be able to do ANY of this without you.
If you have any questions, please contact me by phone or email:
Kathleen Jequinto, Business Development Director at (310) 347-1075 or email@example.com.