Volunteers are an essential part of our work. Our volunteers provide support, resources and skills to help our organization function and grow. Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for Arts Alive! We have opportunities in several areas for adults and high school students throughout the year.
Our busiest times are through the month of June when all Spring Awards Recitals are scheduled. Over 600 of our students are present at these events to perform and receive their end-of-year certificates. These are proud moments for the children and parents. Your role is essential to the success of each recital and we appreciate any time you offer to support our mission.
Arts Alive hosts concerts and events throughout the year, including summer months. Events are both in-school, after-school and in the community. Event planners can assist at the planning/coordinating level or at the event operations level such as tech, sound, and concessions.
Our Board of Directors works closely with the administration to oversee areas of the organization including operations, personnel, finances and development. The Board meets 8 times throughout the year and plays an integral part in strategic planning.
Email Debbie Wastling, Executive Director to learn more and sign up for an upcoming event (see below).
The Value of the Arts
See The Research
Click on the articles below and learn why the arts education is so critical in our schools:
- Americans for the Arts Navigator Series: Facts and Figures
- Arts Education Partnership: Arts Access in U.S. Schools
- National Association of State Arts Agencies: Critical Evidence
- National Endowment for the Arts: Arts & At Risk Youth
- Online Colleges: 10 Salient Studies on the Arts in Education
- Turnaround Arts: Summary of Key Findings
- Wallace Foundation: Advancing Arts Education through an Expanded School Day